There’s No Place Like Rome.
It’s no surprise Rome, Georgia has been named one of “America’s Top Ten Places to Retire.” Named for its seven hills and famed for its three rivers, temperate climate and friendly, walkable downtown, Rome, Georgia itself is yet another crown jewel in all the benefits that The Spires has to offer.
Shopping, dining, world-renowned medical centers are all less than five minutes from your front door by car. Add to this a convenient proximity to the metropolitan centers and airports of both Atlanta and Chattanooga.
Rome Features & Attractions:
- Kayaking the Coosa River
- Rome Braves minor league baseball team
- Downtown Rome’s “First Friday Concert Series”
- Rome Symphony Orchestra
- Rome Untapped
- The Annual Rome Shakespeare Theatre
- Dining, shopping and nightlife on Broad Street in downtown Rome
- Three 18-hole golf-courses
- Three major universities/colleges
- More physicians per capita in Floyd County than any other county in the U.S.